Saturday, March 6, 2010

White is the Fastest Color



The last couple years I've purchased a new bike around this time; this year's austerity program dictated new shoes only, however the dream of white shoes was (finally) realized, along with some new MTB skids. I cracked the carbon sole on my old pair, cause yeah I generate soooo much force the shoe couldn't take it (you can quit laughing now). As a bike racer, you're thinking "duh, white is the fastest color", however you may not know that other recreational type "cyclists" and laymen don't know this. Nitin Pai would argue that yellow shoes are actually faster b/c they're so ugly your feet are trying to pedal away from/ out of them. Intuitively I would agree, but would like to see the KU Physics and Mechanical Engineering departments test this theory.

Another cool feature of the TriVents is the heat shield. I'll need this cause I generate so much wattage, power, and heat that the road needs protection from my feet. The shield looks pretty NASA-esque so I'm convinced it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment